Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two Simulations

For the first simulation I did the magnet and compass simulation. When the strength of the magnet was at zero the magnet did not affect the compass at all. As you made the magnet have more strength the more it affected the compass. When the magnet was at 25% and right next to the compass it only affected it a small amount. The compass was not straight up and down or north and south. It was about two degrees off. The farther you moved the magnet the farther it got away from being north and south. The compass also moved at a slow pace with this percentage. Next I turned the magnet strength to 50%. This time when the magnet was right next to the compass it was only like one degree off from being right up and down or north and south. The farther you move it away the farther the compass gets from being straight up and down. Lastly, I put the magnet at 100%. When the magnet is set up right under or above the compass it goes exactly to north and south or up and down. No matter where you put it on the page it goes to exactly north and south or east and west. I could not get the second simulation to load on my computer.

No comments: